CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Heart S.F.

San Fran is amazing. I've only been here a week and a half but it already feels like home. After 4 hot years in Arizona and 4 steamy summers in NYC I'm still trying to get used to the cold. Don't think that just because I'm in California I'm basking in the California sun... no, no... there is California weather, and there's San Francisco weather. To survive in San Francisco weather you must be bundled at all times. At least I finally have an opportunity to wear my many scarves that I love so dearly.
I love my house and the majority of my 5 roommates. Being right on top of one of the many hills here I have a sensational view from my bedroom window that includes a large San Francisco valley, a Nordstrom, and the Pacific Ocean. What could be better? Maybe being able to see directly into the window of an Anthro at all times.


Not only am I living in one of the greatest cities in the US of A but I am also in the presence of two of the most brilliant dancers/teachers/artists in the world: Summer Lee-Rhatigan and Alex Ketley. I can't begin to express my gratitude for the blessing it is to be one of the 14 dancers that gets to work with them each day. Talk about inspiring!

Each day I wake up finding soreness in my muscles and bruises all over my body, thanks to Alex, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Life is grand here at the San Francisco Conservatory of Dance!



2 musings:

melissa marie said...

How awesome! You are just made to be traveling around and living everywhere. How exciting. You have got to post how you made that wonderful contraption hanging over your bed.

mare said...

....speechless. been waitin for this post for about a week and a half now. i'm glad those scarfs and many layers are comin in handy. you're to good for words.