CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Blogger!

After many days of admiring Marilee Jean's impeccable blog I decided to jump on the blogging bandwaggon. I know that I will spend far too many wasted hours on here because I am merely extending my obsession with journals and journaling to the World Wide Web.




To commence what I'm sure will be a plethora of oddball posts I must say why I love NYC.


First and foremost is the fact that I can purchase fresh flowers weekly because a bouquet of flowers in the Big Apple is only approximately $7-$12. It's fantastic! My current bouquet: yellow daisies.




I am slightly obsessed with the West Village. Yesterday I spent a large portion of the day in the West Village and Chelsea.



I added to my already tremendous journal colletion by purchasing a gem at one of my favorite stores on planet earth, ABC Carpet and Home. (the center one is my most recent gem.) I spent almost 3 hours in that beloved store!



I love all of the one-of-a-kind shops in this city. Yesterday I moseyed on into one of those ritzy boutiques in the West Village where they pick out things they think you would like and practically force you into trying them on. Then the mirror is outside of the dressing room where the sales person is waiting to tell you how "fabulous" you look. Well, she weaseled me into purchasing this stunning Taka top. Oh well, at least it's pretty.




The unique bakery's are endless. I went into an adorable bakery/shop called Three Tarts where I found my first plate to begin my mismatched plate and dinnerware collection (once again, inspired by Mare.)




I could go on forever with the millions of reasons why I adore this amazing city.
Thank you, New York City. How blessed and grateful I am to know and love you!





2 musings:

mare said...

some major corrections with the word impeccable maybe you meant to say impeachable cause my blog should be impeached(as if i even know what that word means:) darlface is all i have to say, bout the plate, background, your dress, and so on and so forth. i'm home and last time i checked faith can move mountains-even ones the size of mt everest on our faces:) let get these mountains outta here. study with ya soooooon!

melissa marie said...

Hey Becca, this is Melissa Zobell! I just found your blog through Marilee's. You look darling. I'm so happy you are still in New York pursuing you dream. Looks like all is well!