CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Antique Addict Meets Urban Ore

Last weekend my magnanimous roommate, Aaren, and I hit up a marvelous salvage yard in Berkeley called Urban Ore. I thought I had reached heaven! I could have wandered around in there for a good couple of days. It's completely full of cheap, beat up antiques, perfect for d.i.y. projects. We escaped with my car filled to the brim with some amazing items. My purchases are as follows:

My 1950's coffee table before










and after I got my grubby little hands on it. A touch of red paint and some decoupage techniques can bring a beat up piece of furniture back to life like magic.















My new plates to add to my mismatched dinnerware collection.











And last but certainly not least, my new antique Singer sewing machine.... that works! It's a rare beauty.


I highly recommend searching for a salvage yard near you. It will provide you with fantastic, cheap finds, and bonus... it's eco friendly. It doesn't get much better than that!

5 musings:

mare said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! I love love love the decopage and red. it looks anthro worthy. you need to get a job designing for them.

melissa marie said...

Beautiful!!!! I swear I never get that lucky at garage sales, maybe I just need an expert like you to assist me.

Kyle and Michelle said...

Becca ok I am so happy I found your blog. Kinda creepy I know but I have wanted to get in touch with you so bad. How is life! If you are ever in Rexburg (for the holidays)we should all get together like the good old days. Well my blog is kyleandmichellestoddard.blogspot.com. you should update me on your life. hope to hear from you soon!

mare said...

..... wating on curtains homemade. thats all. oh and waiting to see you....

The Cooks said...

Hey bec! how are you? I have not seen or heard of you in so long! I see that you are in Cali? How is that going? What's new with your life?